An overview to help you navigate product content guidance and a look at what's coming soon.
Early Access! Early Access! Early Access!
These guidelines are still in development and are not yet complete. If you can't see what you need here, you've found an edge-case or exception, or you have other comments, reach out to Caroline Tecks on Slack.
Use the guidance in the way that makes most sense to you. These content pages should help you to feel more confident in writing concise, clear, and consistent product content.
Look out for training sessions coming soon to help you make the most of these pages.
Sections at a glance — find what you need
Voice and tone#
- Understand voice and tone and their role in communicating.
- Identify and use the Twilio Voice consistently.
- Use tone to shape the user experience.
- Find the appropriate tone and approach.
- Go to Voice and tone
Product style guide#
- The core principles of our content and "how we should write."
- Punctuation guidance and exceptions.
- Formatting and grammar tips, including capitals, lists, bold/italics, numbers, acronyms, and abbreviations.
- Commonly confused or misspelled words and phrases.
- Go to Product style guide
Components (coming in Q2)#
- Applying guidance to specific components. Covering buttons, headings, modals, navigation etc.
- Check and edit content yourself with prompts and guidance.
- Submit a request for content support from a UX Writer.
- Go to Get Support
These guidelines rely on your feedback to evolve and grow. Please reach out on Slack with
- Usability feedback — the more specific, the better.
- Edge cases or exceptions — send over screen shots and queries.
- Additional examples — have a great example of before/after?
- Questions and queries — if something isn't clear, let us know.
Need support with non-product content?
Visit the Brand Writing Style Guidelines here.